I'm going to preface this post by saying, this is only the second time my children have ever fingerpainted. I love the thought of doing all things artsy with the kiddos, but the idea of fingerpainting scared the you know what out of me!
Irrational fear? Yes. But still, appease me... the thought of 2 toddlers chasing after me with paint all over their hands, or more realistically me chasing after 2 toddlers with paint all over their hands trying to keep them from touching our white rental walls and light colored rental carpet, and unless we were all going to walk around in our birthday suits how was I going to protect our precious clothing?! (and I say 'our' precious clothing, because really when is the last time that I actually bought a clothing item for myself? In fact I am now the scrub of the fam, the hubby now has a bigger/nicer wardrobe than I do, and my children... it's so much easier to by cute clothes for them!) Anyway like I said, a completely irrational fear, but we've all got a little bit of that somewhere right?!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Finger Painting
With all that said, I finally braved it for the second time and was quite happy I did. The first time Micah wanted nothing to do with that stuff on his fingers, but this time he happily dove in and enjoyed himself. Hallie loved it just as she did the first time, and even branched out a little from her paper creations. All and all it wasn't bad, we all enjoyed ourselves and clean up was pretty smooth with a run to the bathtub. I think I am slowly overcoming this irrational fear! :)
And finally... Finger Painting Gone Wild...
Posted by Stacey at 7:32 AM
Labels: family journal, hallie, micah, my thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I know that you still have to sign in so that is a pain but atleast you'll know when there is a new post so you can decide if it is worth it to go check the blog. Your babies are not babies any more wow how the time flies!! How are you guys?
Looks like fun! Do you use the Crayola washable finger paint? That's what I use. It comes off of the walls and everything very nicely. They sure are getting big!
I feel the same way!! Looks like you have cute cover mats for the floor! Did you make those? Another thought would be to put them in the tub to DO the painting...*easy cleanup*!!! That is...if they don't fight, and end up banging their head on the faucet or something like that (my kids surely would)!!
I don't do painting much around here, either...not worth the hassle! I love your mats, though. Are those high chair mats that you made?
I also had to laugh at the clothing statement. I, too, have become a scrub while my girls prance around in name brand cute clothes. :-)
Post a Comment