Sunday, May 16, 2010

Just what the doctor ordered!

A Road Trip!

We decided to drive down to Virginia Beach this weekend and play in the Ocean.  It ended up being quite the drive, but Tyson and I were both itchin' for a road trip.  Took us about 4 hours to get there and just over 3 to get back.  We hit all kinds of random slow-downs on the way there, but thankfully on the way home we had smooth sailing! 

The kids had tons of fun, Hallie loved walking in the water and would squeal in delight when a wave hit her! She couldn't have been happier- swimming in the water AND all the sand she get could her hands or mouth on!  

Micah had a blast as well, he ran all around the beach telling anyone who would listen about the ocean and the water.  He wasn't so hip on the cold water and didn't want much to do with it.  He preferred to drive McQueen around on the sand, but did get his hands dirty towards the end, in fact he even went so far as to lay down in the sand and rub the sand around his tummy calling it "lotion." These kids never cease to make me laugh... I love it!  

Tyson got his run in on the beach and I enjoyed the sights and just being outside in the sun! Micah and Hallie even pleasured me (and the rest of the beach-goers) by running around and around holding hands- I'm pretty sure it was one of the cutest things I've seen in along time! But just to "keep it real" (that's for you Jen!) the several laps of hand holding ended in Hallie wanting to hold hands a different way and both of them freaking out because... well because they're 2 and they missed their naps! All in all it was great day! We had a great time and hope we get to spend more time in that region!

7 comments:

Ang said...

How fun! I love road trips!

Kim said...

What a fun trip! The picture of the two of them holding hands with the water behind them is SO sweet!

Meagan said...

So much fun!! Love Hallie's pig-tails...so stinkin' cute! And the holding hands...adorable!

Alisa said...

Adorable photos...it looks like such fun!!

Peggy said...

Do I ever say anything other than those kids are so darn cute??? So, that's my comment again! Love the holding hands photo!

Amy said...

How fun! (I miss living near a beach...yes, even Lake Erie is better than nothing)
Micah & Hallie are just too cute! & the pics with them holding hands are priceless!

Clark Family said...

My boys want to hit the beach this summer...maybe we'll try that one! Those pictures are unbelievably cute. Love it.