We spent last week up in the Spokane area, so I thought I'd stop by and see if my old boss was still working at the Eastern pool. Sadly the front receptionist told me that he had just retired the past summer due to his "medical condition" (he has MS). Bummer! But I decided to take the kids up to the balcony anyway and do some reminiscing. I spent a good chunk of my college career here and SO much time up in those chairs, thinking about things to think about. Yup I said it, I had to do that often- think about things to think about. Yea, sad I know, but when you spend a thousand plus hours sitting in a chair watching people swim, you run out of thoughts! The pool still looks the same, with a few updates here and there. 
And speaking of updates, look at the picture below and you can see a fancy red footstool, built with kick boards and duct tape? Yea, I'm pretty sure that thing has been around since I worked there, I think some point in the 5 years I was there we redid them, but GROSS!!!! Really, really, really GROSS!

0 comments:
Post a Comment