Friday, August 15, 2008

Olympics...


Is anyone else totally digging the Olympics? I am!!! I love them, I've been totally glued to the TV, staying up WAY too late, crying WAY too many times, getting WAY too nervous for the competitors. It's GREAT! I even sat at home this evening holding the antenna between my fingers for a clearer picture, I've been spoiled with cable at the hotel this last week! Enjoy them while they last!!!

5 comments:

Goratrain and Ian-ator said...

Ian and I don't have even the local channels so we are definitely missing all the hype.

We need to swap babysitting for sure. When can we take care of your twins? Call me! Let me know!

Breinholt Family said...

I'm so bad that I have the NY station and the LA station so I watch it all twice some nights. I agree I've stayed up too late and cried to much. I'm exhausted watching them. But I'm old enough to remember Mark Spitz and the '72 Olympics it was exciting then and it's exciting now!

Peggy said...

We have always been an Olympic watching family and yes, some of us---Tim and I--are old enough to remember Mark Spitz winning his medals. When the 2002 Winter Olympics came to SLC we were so blessed to be able to attend medal ceremonies and events. Living close to downtown (and I worked in the Governor's Office)afforded us many Olympic experiences and we LOVED it! We even bought the coveted berets before they became hard to find and people offered us money for ours---didn't sell them though. Tim became a fan of the Barenaked Ladies...a Canadian group that we listened to at one of the medals ceremonies. The Olympics are GREAT!

Lisa Christine said...

I am LOVING it! Did you see the race last night where Phelps won by 1/100 of a second! Amazing! I can't get over it!

Meagan said...

Yes!!! Love watching the Olympics too. Alec's favorite is Michael Phelps (well, who doesn't love the guy?!)...and he pretends to dive like him off the couch and onto the floor. I'm getting way too tired though....too many late nights and then the morning comes way too early! Oh well, it's worth it!! :)