Monday, February 23, 2009

Adventure Annapolis style

Remember fry man?
Well here's the rest of the story...

We were hanging out at home, attempting to put Micah and Hallie down for their afternoon nap, but both were experiencing the aftermath of the flu and didn't want to sleep, and Tyson and I were experiencing the frustration of being caged up from their flu. I had a moment of intelligence and instead of fighting cranky kids at home I suggested we should just get in the car and go somewhere, that way if they slept they slept, but if they didn't at least we would be doing something fun!

So we checked our "list" of places to go and decided we would check off the Chesapeake Bay Bridge in Annapolis. So off we went!

It took as about 45 minutes to get there and was well worth the $2.50 toll. The bridge is incredible... 4.3 miles long and 186 feet off the water. Click here if you want to read more, it really is quite impressive. We want to attempt the walk across the bridge once the weather warms up, but we'll see as my legs felt rubbery and we were only driving over it!

Here are a few of the shots we were able to get while driving...



The entire length of the bridge was filled with Halie and Micah mimicking the "wows" of mommy and daddy. They were quite impressed with the bridge and water and "talked" about it for several minutes after. Wish we had a recording to share because it was adorable!


Once over the impressive bridge, we had no idea where we wanted to go or even where there was to go. We had the GPS and a moderately helpful US map. So we ended up on Kent Island where we saw...the first cows we've seen since leaving Washington!!! We drove around more and found some prospects for heading out to the Ocean soon and eating some delish seafood! Here is the bridge at night before we crossed back over (its times like these I wish I had a better camera, but oh well I'll work with what I have!) It was a beautiful drive over with the sun setting and almost peaceful with Baby Signing Time playing in the background!
We skipped out on seafood due to not budgeting for an expensive meal out and hit up Fuddruckers for a chocolate shake :) Here's a common sight nowadays... too cute to not snap a pic!



Hope you enjoyed our adventure cause we sure did, and stay tuned for the rest of our adventures! There's more to come soon...

1 comments:

Alisa said...

What a great idea! Haha...I have to admit we did the same thing 2 weeks ago...we were going nuts, and finally settled on going for a nice long drive!!

SO...you got a GPS! When did you get it?!

Do the kids love the baby signing videos? What are they?