Thursday, July 2, 2009

If only...

If only Micah and Hallie could get along so well all the time, but alas my children are not perfect and we don't live in a perfect world. Here is a short clip (9 seconds to be exact) of a common scene from our home the last few weeks. Just replay it over about 100 times and you'll get the picture!

This 'no no' business started last week... I'm wondering where they picked it up from!? We don't say no very often... I'm thinking maybe nursery??? Needless to say, we've been working on talking nice and sharing the last week :)

3 comments:

Goratrain and Ian-ator said...

Can I just tell you how validating it is to see that video? (I watched it three times just to make sure I was hearing every single "No".) I consider you one of those AMAZING moms and it was great to see that even your children say that nasty word more than is acceptable. Sorry that you are the one having to teach the hard lessons of sharing, talking kindly and loving your sibling. That part isn't so enjoyable.

Meagan said...

It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one fighting the battle of "no"! Unfortunately, the use of the word ebbs and flows for a while...Alec just hit the "No! Never!" stage and has sat in time out about 10 times today because of it. Good news is that after you push talking nice and sharing for a while, they do catch on and stop saying it...at least for a while. :)

Alisa said...

Oh, that's a classic video! Maiya hasn't learned that word, yet...but Ella sure knows it (and always has). I can totally sympathize. I have to remind myself that eventually these kids grow up and won't yell at each other all the time! Maiya generally doesn't even like it if Ella just barely TOUCHES her! Oh, the joys...