So I just wrote like 5 different start lines for this post and nothing sounded right. This picture pretty much explains how we feel! I write with mixed emotions, we finally found a job. Good news... it is a great job which combines Ty's Mental Health and military experience. Bad news... it is Arlington, VA.
Which means we won't be staying in WA. And to clarify even further, because it's all a little confusing! We will be moving a majority of our belongings home and keeping the necessities here. Why? Our goal is to continue looking for similar jobs in the Northwest. Hoping and praying that when the time is right, the right job will present itself and we'll be closer to family again!
While we are sad that we will still be so far away from our friends and family in WA, but we are really excited about the new job. I will wait until I have the go ahead to post more details on the job or if you are just dying to know :) email or call us :)
So once again, you'll have to excuse the spotty posting (as if it always isn't spotty!) as we are once again in a major transition phase. And yes, I guess we've decided that moving across the country every 6 months is fun... yea, crazy I know. But I guess that's how we do it. :)
So for those of you we'll see on the way, YES we are still headed to WA next week and will still be stopping to see a bunch of you and will spend a few weeks in WA before heading back out to VA.

7 comments:
You guys are crazy to move everything across country again when you don't have to!!! Congrats on the awesome job! I'm sure Lis and Bobby are thrilled to have you stay for a while!
This is Aunt Peggy...ditto what Angela said... and when we left family in Utah... we stayed in the east for 17 years. You never know what adventure lies ahead ...enjoy the journey!
yay, finally a new post!
are you gonna see Lisa while you're out west?
That pic is perfect for this post. I know how badly you want to be back in the NW and it's hard to be so far away from family and friends. BUT, a job is a huge blessing, regardless of where it is. There must be a reason why you're still back east... :)
Good luck with everything! What a crazy, but exciting time in your lives.
I'm sure it was harder on my parents than I ever realized (no cell phones, email or blogs - just expensive long distance phone calls, plane rides & days driving across country to visit relatives), but living in OH & KY was the best thing they ever could have done for our family. We missed our grandparents, aunts, uncles, & cousins a lot, but the experiences we had, the people we met, etc were priceless.
At least you're living near DC, which is cool, & not someplace like Pittsburg or West Virginia ;-)
Hopefully I'll get to see you as you pass through UT!
Yay! Well, at least you guys HAVE a job, and will only be 10 1/2 hours away from where we will be this winter...hehehee...okay...that's seriously still a long way away...
Does Ty's old job pay the moving expenses back to WA, is that why you're moving some stuff now?!
stacey, go enter my contest! you've got like a day or so til i draw a winner.
Post a Comment