Monday, April 7, 2008

A look into the past...

I apologize in advance for the length of this one, but 10 years is along time!

So Sunday while ty was away at drill, the babies were sleeping and I got to thinking about how much my life has changed! 6 months ago, I was hugely pregnant (35 1/2 weeks to be exact) I was all done with work and spending my time sleeping, scrapbooking, getting the house ready for the twinos- wow! how have things changed! it seems like 2 different worlds! don't get me wrong i wouldn't change any of it for the world- i've dreamed of being a mom for SO long, but like i said wow! I have so many feelings about this i've loved every minute of being a mom, yes even the REALLY hard one's now that i look back, but i definitely took my freedom forgranted.


No more late night spontaneous trips to applebees (side note- which is where i was when i started to feel my first actual contractions!) no more spontaneous, while really no more spontaneous anything, no more monthly all day shopping trips to spokane, no more size 10 pants, anyway the list could go on, but would i change any of it- NO WAY!! like i said i love being a mom, life is just different now, and we still get around pretty good if you ask me!

SO after i got to thinking about how different life was 6 months ago, i started to think farther back, so here's a glimpse into the past...

6 months ago...

1 year ago...age 25, 3 months pregnant, working at Lourdes, and still wondering what flavor of twins we were having!


2 years ago- age 24, living in Kennewick, just starting fertility treatments, working at lourdes, my cousin, sister, and hs friend all got married in 1 summer (talk about a lot of dresses!$$$) and having tons-a-fun!


3 years ago-
age 23, living in Basin City we were foster parents at Bailie Memorial Youth Ranch, I was 1 month away from going to see ty graduate from basic training only talking to him 1x a week if I was lucky! and i was training for my first tri :)
4 years ago-
age 22, living in Cheney, doing my rec therapy internship, taking FUN classes like whitewater rafting, backpacking and getting ready to graduate!
5 years ago-
age 21, freshly married for 3 months, freshly LDS for a week longer then that, and enjoying a "fresh" start :)
8 years ago-
age 19, living in good-ol' pearce (i can't even remember how to spell that! wow!) hall at EWU and loving the college life probably a little too much!
10 years ago-
age 17, jr at prosser high, ty and i had been dating for over a year (seemed like so long then- now it's been 11 yrs- wow!) i was probably getting ready for prom and running track
(all i have to say is thank goodness for scrapbooks! there's no way i could have figured that all out without my trusty collection!)
WOW life has changed, i do have to say i must be all grown up! ;)
SO if you made it this far, my CHALLENGE to you is to go back and review YOUR last 10 years- where were YOU and what were YOU doing?!? i may even surprise you with a little treat :)

6 comments:

Ang said...

Um WOW - tyson looks a LOT like Roy. i love all your pictures!!!

Amy said...

What a fun look back!

& I think I recognize my parents living room in the pic with the white sweatshirt.

ps. Ang, we already knew that! ;-)

The Pyper's! said...

I love this post!! It is so cute!

Lisa Christine said...

I loved this post and I am going to take your challenge!! Kepp an eye on my blog...I'll try to do it sometime in the next few days. Also...I love your new background. The stripes are awesome.

Mandy said...

Such a cute post! I love a trip down memory lane, too fun!! I will have to do this sometime soon-ish. A year seems to go by so fast, but it is amazing how much things can change in that amount of time!

Anonymous said...

This was so fun to read. Loved the high school pics!