What better way to celebrate our freedom by hitting the road?! We enjoyed our last long weekend in DC, by getting out of DC! Haha! We braved the backwoods of West Virginia and hunted down the house where Tyson's Great Grandpa and G-Great Grandpa built(?) and lived. I'll get my facts straight on the house post! :) West Virginia is gorgeous, wish we could visit during the fall, I'm sure it would be stunning.
Sums up the trip for Micah and Hallie...
We did make a weekend of it though so they were able to enjoy staying at a hotel and swimming their little hearts out. They absolutely love to swim and eat at hotels. They were quite concerned when we had to leave the hotel in the evening to get dinner- they were expecting it to be downstairs! We also improvised when the hotel didn't have another portable crib. (Yes, I know they could both totally be in big kid beds like 5 times over already, but I'm keeping them corralled for as long as possible!) So Hallie slept on the floor in the closet and Micah enjoyed a portable crib in the bathroom.
The road the house was off of... gorgeous!
They were so done before we even got there. They were in desperate need of a nap! Love this picture- I can totally hear Micah receiving a stern warning! :)
There this is better...

2 comments:
THat is so cool!
That house is awesome! I want to hear more details!!
Post a Comment