Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tania's Baby shower Part 2: Gifts

I found some journals at Michael's on clearance for .50 so I decided to cover them. I took the spiral binding out of the journal covered using a handy dandy glue stick and scrapbook paper. I after covering I used my Crop-a-dile Big Bite (LOVE this tool!!)to punch the holes through the paper for the spiral binding to go back through and decorated it using the scallop punch and warm words stamp set from stampin' up. I made 4 (i think) coordinating cards to match the journal, included envelopes and puff a cute inexpensive shower game prize!

Cards up close


Favors

Jamie put together these cute favors by covering small pieces of candy with pink scrapbook paper, stacking 2 of them together and tying them with a cute piece of pink ribbon. Simple and adorable!


Candles
I bought plain white pillar candles and embellished them by "stamping" on the candles. Actually you stamp whatever image you want on to coordinating tissue paper (i used white). Cut out the design you want to place on your candle, attach it to candle using a glue stick (just enough to make sure it doesn't move around) and break out your handy dandy heat gun and melt the tissue paper to the wax. When melting the tissue paper to the wax you have to be really careful to not deform the candle by letting it get too hot. It takes patience and a few practice tries. I finished the candles off by tying 2 pieces of ribbon around them and wrapping them in cellophane.

4 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

This appeared to be THE baby shower to top all baby showers! I am so bummed I missed it :(

We had been out of town and hadn't picked up our mail from the post office yet.

You and Jamie have some serious skill and creativity! That's one thing I wish I had....I creative mind! It's funny, because I come from an artistic and creative family, but that gene didn't get passed to me.

Oh well. Everything looked gorgeous. Great job!

The Pyper's! said...

Love the journals! THey look so good!

Meagan said...

Oh my gosh! You are so dang crafty! I loved all your decorations and gift ideas. I'll have to reference your blog next time I throw a shower....it'll sure make it easy for planning. :)

Anonymous said...

I am the luckiest girl EVER to have had this thrown for me! You are so creative and amazing! I want to throw a shower for someone else just so I can copy you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!