Monday, October 20, 2008

Birthday Party: The Kids

Thankfully the party wasn't this boring for all of us...
We had a great day (minus the fact they took horrible afternoon naps! and my mini-meltdown of frustration because they wouldn't sleep! I admit it sometimes I just need to chill, but frustrating none-the-less) Micah and Hallie were thoroughly spoiled by grandparents and aunts and uncles. We ate food, watched Hallie and Micah be cute 1 year olds, watched them do everything but open presents, and of course watched them devour their surfboard cakes!

Micah inspecting the party grounds

Micah hanging out with grandpa and for once being somewhat interested in cousin MadisonPresentspresentsand more presentsand even more presentsmicah telling us all he's 1 nowhallie inspecting the wrapping materialsDaddy and uncle Mike preparing the goodsFun times in their doggy house with, you'd better believe it, 50 balls!
and last but definitely not least- the cake sorry for the million pics I didn't feel like sorting them!

4 comments:

Meagan said...

Okay really??! Can your kids get any cuter?!! They are so dang cute, I can't get over it. Love how they totally devoured the cakes...gotta get your recipe...Alec won't touch my cakes. :) Agree with the stress bit too...it's the mom in us that knows what happens when they don't nap and wanting to do everything possible to prevent that from happening. You're not alone. :)

Mandy said...

Are they really ONE!? Oh my goodness, time flies! Love the pics! Looks like you guys had a fun party. They are so adorable. And I love the shirts!

Lisa Christine said...

I love their '1' shirts!

The Captain said...

Wow, hard to believe they are already a year old! In the slide show it looks like you have an "electric" high chair. Is that for the one that has a hard time taking a nap?