Friday, October 3, 2008

2 week challenge


I did it! I challenged myself to go 2 weeks on 1 tank of gas, which I did AND I still have 40 miles to go! This even included 2 trips to my parents which equals 140 miles in and of itself!
Yes we drive a gas hog 15ish to the gallon, and really I don't have a ton of places I HAVE to go- so I decided I'd help our budget and see if I could do it. It was actually pretty easy, at least easier than what I imagined. AND I even kinda enjoyed the challenge... it led me to walk to albertson's twice, and between 2 stores when I did go out... *gasp* both under 2 1/2 miles round trip!
I know, I know, you all must think I'm crazy but on top of those walks, it also made me think twice before driving somewhere- was I going out just to get out? could I go somewhere closer? did I REALLY need to go to target? (ok I always NEED to go to target, but that's another story) could I go for a walk or to the park instead?
So with all of those questions running through my head I decided I could probably make it even longer then 2 weeks. Don't get me wrong, it was difficult at times cause I didn't go somewhere even if I really wanted to, but it wasn't THAT difficult. So I think I'm upping the ante and challenging myself to go 2 1/2 weeks! And of course I invite all of you to do the same- how long can you go before emptying your wallet, oops I mean filling your tank? :)

1 comments:

Alisa said...

Good work!! I love the fact that we only drive 4 miles per day during the summers. However, the "commute" back to the lower-48 kills us! We've almost done 2,000 miles since leaving Alaska earlier this week!