I don't really consider myself to be an 'artist,' but I guess I could technically be classified as such. I love the art of creating things, I love creating LOTS of things and always have, painting, drawing, sewing, scrapping, stitching, gluing, cutting, crocheting, and so on. With so many loves I don't feel I've ever mastered one, but that's ok with me. I love the process of learning something and applying it and since I usually teach myself, I make many mistakes. But honestly, some of my best work as come from these mistakes.
With all that said I have longed for the day when my children can create along side of me and I can teach them the joys of creating things. Well I am happy to say that day is getting closer! Hallie sat for 15 minutes sitting next to me drawing on this paper. Which I eventually had to take away cause she started chewing on it, but what can I say, she is only 16 months and some change old :)


5 comments:
That's a long time to concentrate on something! Good job Hallie!
You need to keep the paper and put it in a scrapbook next to the picture of her creating it!
SOOO cute...I love her long hair (JUST like Maiya's!)...and I agree, there is something magical about watching your kids color and create!
(p.s. Or scan the picture...that's my solution for no-space!)
Yay Hallie!
Post a Comment