200 posts came and went in my lack of planning surrounding our adventures... but I promise the giveaway is coming soon, I just need to get over sick, teething, ear infected, immunized children and go buy another prize cause the sick, miserable, sleep-deprived husband ate one of the prizes.
Hopefully we will all be germ-free for our next visitors... speaking of which, we have a little gap- anyone up for a visit BEFORE the end of April?! :)
Until then here's our pics from New York, which we are already planning a return trip for since we maybe saw a total of 5 hours of the city and that may be generous!
Friday evening Tyson stayed in with Micah and Hallie while I ventured at with the rest of the bunch (George, Mandy, & kids & her sister Christy & Nate) for a late night excursion to Times Square. I'll let the pictures do the talking, after saying- we will be returning, that Toys R Us is HUGE! I can't wait to take Micah and Hallie in there with the Indoor Ferris Wheel- its bound to be good times!






Here's the pics from our Staten Island Ferry trip...
Brooklyn Bridge
Random Old Church in the Financial District on our attempted subway excursion (if anyone has any New York subway knowledge we'd love to hear it, we were totally clueless!) More randomness- we saw Alexander Hamilton's grave in the graveyard next to the church. I still need to figure out what this was, but really whatever it was, it was majestic.
Hallie was really excited about this whole excursion can you tell? Our philosophy was- grin and bear it...
Our ferry ride back was breathtaking with the sunset, but (there's always a but isn't there!) the battery in the camera died and we forgot the spare at the hotel. The little spear above my head is the statue of liberty.


Brooklyn Bridge
Random Old Church in the Financial District on our attempted subway excursion (if anyone has any New York subway knowledge we'd love to hear it, we were totally clueless!) More randomness- we saw Alexander Hamilton's grave in the graveyard next to the church. I still need to figure out what this was, but really whatever it was, it was majestic.
Hallie was really excited about this whole excursion can you tell? Our philosophy was- grin and bear it...
Our ferry ride back was breathtaking with the sunset, but (there's always a but isn't there!) the battery in the camera died and we forgot the spare at the hotel. The little spear above my head is the statue of liberty. 
We topped Sunday off with a swim at George and Mandy's hotel in Baltimore and really we can't wait to go back to New York AND actually see the Poteet's when we aren't all sick!

7 comments:
That really stinks that you guys were sick. I have to say I'm not jealous of that little trip! :)
NY is where Amy served her mission and we have all been there a few times..AND LOVE IT! I hope you get back soon...in a healthy state of being!!! Love you all; hope you're feeling better.
I hope you're all feeling better soon! I'm glad you were able to have a little fun in spite of being sick. definitely go back - there are just too many things to see & do! We'll be there in september, it would be fun to see you guys if you could be there at the same time!
I can probably help with your subway issues - what were you clueless about? ...not to be smart-alacky, but did you have a subway map? I've been there enough that I should probably know my way around, but I always have a subway map with me. Seriously, if you have any questions before your next trip, let me know, I might be able to help.
How cool that you went to NYC!!! I'm jealous! You are getting to do some really cool stuff. I love reading about it.
*the outfits with the flowers on them are Carter's outfits from Kohl's...couldn't resist them!*
Your pics from Times Square are awesome! Hope your next trip includes less sickness though.
those are some terrific night shots, you must have a really good camera.
any chance that church is the one from national treasure, you know, the one with all the treasure buried under it? lol
And you got to see Alexander Hamilton's grave? I'm jealous. I'm a fan of anything Founding Fathers. Did you take a picture of it? where's the pic?
Looks like you're having fun over there! Wohooo!
Post a Comment