We have a new all-to-common phrase which is uttered around our home, "attack of the babies." We've been using it now for a month or so, and I got to thinking oh my goodness we, who am I kidding, I haven't blogged about this yet!! I would love to include a little photo of the priceless phrase in action, but low and behold it would be a little hard unless the camera was within arms reach. Maybe that will be my "game" for this week- get to the camera during attack of the babies- that could be fun. :)
So without further ramblings, you wonder what is "attack of the babies?" Attack of the babies occurs when you are tending to one child (who may be crying, screaming, needing to be held, getting diaper changed- in other words screaming and squirming, or on rare occasion just "chilling") AND the other child pulls him or herself to a standing position using your legs and begins to cry, scream, grunt, etc. wanting the same attention from you that the other is getting. Which leaves you STUCK, your only options are to A) bend down and attempt to pick up the other B) bend down and stay down, attempting to console 2 babies, or C) peel one off your legs and run for the nearest distraction. (of course being followed by 2 screaming-even-harder-now babies!) C is often our method of choice painful at first, but effective :)
Now this doesn't just happen when you're holding the other child, "attack of the babies" can also occur when on the rare occasion I am cooking dinner, or at any other time of the day I may be trying to get something done. SHAME on me for attempting to clean my house!! :)
Oh the joys of twins, or maybe this just isn't a twin thing?
Monday, September 29, 2008
Attack of the babies
Posted by Stacey at 8:56 AM
Labels: my thoughts, twins
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
the same thing happens to me with Emma and I feel like crawling out of my skin... I can't imagine what it would be like with 2! Thanks for the visual that was quite entertaining!!
Oh my...oh my. When Alec started to walk, we bought him his own kiddie vacuum. That along with a dust rag are my two keys to getting housework done with him around. He likes to "help" so when i vacuum or dust, he does the same. Some days I feel like I just walk around with a 30lb. weight attached to my leg though...and Chris wonders why my back hurts so much! :) I really pity you with two...that's double the backache...and double the headache too when they are on the attack!
Stacey--
Yay! I didn't know you were a blogger. I was so excited that you found and commented on mine! And your blog is fantastic!! What a beautiful family picture at the header--you guys have passed on some seriously good genes. I am absolutely no help on the "baby attack" problem--I could barely manage one at a time! I don't know how you always look so calm and happy. Keep up the great job, Mom!
Oh, and I'm glad you love Chukars, too--sooo good!
That's funny...just plain funny!
OH Stacey you make me very scared for the future. :-) I can remember my single babies doing the same thing, though, so I don't think its exclusive to twins.
Post a Comment