Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our "mini-adventure"

I have to share how awesome my husband is... Ty earned extra bonus points a couple weekends ago by planning and arranging a night away for us minus the babes! It was our first night away from them TOGETHER. We dropped Micah off with his parents and Hallie off with mine and headed out for "dinner in Yakima," or at least that's where he told me we were going... after telling me we should just stay overnight at our parents house cause the babies would be asleep (such a sneaky fella) I kinda thought something was up, but we continued on with our plans for "dinner in yakima."

So every 10 miles he gives me a letter in the name of the place we were going... A E R O N and by this time we were past the Yakima exits...

"we're not going to Yakima are we?"

and with a cheesy grin on his face, "he says noooo..."

"ummm... are we going to Leavenworth?"

"hee hee, yeah"


"YES!!!!!!!!"

K, I really didn't scream YES in the car, but that's what I was thinking! We had an awesome time, hitting up the exercise room in the hotel, watching the Boise State football game, soakin in the hot tub, getting some snacks from the store and yes of course... SLEEPING!!!!! The Inn where we stayed has an awesome buffet breakfast complete with an Alphorn for entertainment. We walked around town, bought some funky sunglasses, and headed home... it was a perfect night away. I was a failure though and forgot my camera in the diaper bag and sad times his phone was acting up and we didn't get any pics!


Just so you all know how truly awesome Ty can be, the reasons he planned this were... I mentioned in passing that I really needed some fresh mountain air, I've told him how cool the Enzian Inn is on several occassions over the last 11 years :) (and now he totally agrees with me!), AND he noticed I was getting stressed and needed some time away! Now how's that for being a good hubby?!?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Seriously, he needs to spend some time with Jacob! I'm glad that you got away!

Alisa said...

You got a good one! I wish I could get a treat like that...but we don't have any family in Mexico! Lucky girl!