It's official our adventure has really begun! We had a last minute change of plans for transportation due to Tyson needing to report sooner then we initially thought. We were going to have to leave Washington earlier then what we were planning and in the process miss Thanksgiving! I was not happy about this AT ALL (I still have to choke back tears every time I think about not being home for Christmas!)
So while my wonderful sis Shell was here with my niece Madison she and my mom conspired while I was napping and found super cheap plane tickets! SO long story a little shorter :) My mom is flying out with me and the kiddos next Saturday and Tyson left Tuesday. He stopped in SLC and picked up his sis Laurie and they pounded out the miles leaving SLC Tue night around 8:30pm and arriving in Alexandria Friday afternoon around 2:00ish!
They spent the night in a hotel last night and "checked" into our apartment this morning. Per our short phone conversation he said the apartments are nice, the neighborhood feels safe and is in a good area with lots of new construction. We have an AMC theatre across the street (SCREAM YAY FOR POURING YOUR OWN BUTTER!! I have my own art form for this!) and he thinks there is a mall just down the street. Definitely not the small town living we're used to but it should be fun for a little while!
As for me and the kiddos we had a great Thanksgiving Wed with Tyson's family and again on Thursday with my family. We missed Tyson, but it has been so nice to spend this time with family. The three of us have invaded my parents house where we will stay until we leave for the airport Friday. As of today our house is completely empty, clean, and ready to go onto the market. It feels good to have it all done, but was hard to realize that we are leaving the neighborhood we have come to love so much! (don't even get me started on the leaving friends and family part- I'm likely to short out something with my tears!)
Enjoy some random pics from the last couple weeks :)






4 comments:
Let the fun begin! Congrats on clearing out the house (so you ARE selling it? I wish I knew what was going on!)! Wohoo!!!
Best of luck with the flight! And keep blogging so we can catch up often!
Glad to hear Tyson made it. We sure are going to miss you guys while you are away (deep sigh). Emma missed the twins at church today, it was pretty sad.
On the other hand we are super excited for you guys!! I'm really jealous on the inside. I'm a history buff and have never been to DC (go figure). We love you guys!
It WAS so nice to have Tyson spend a few hours with me. We talked and ate and he slept a little before picking up Laurie. Thanks Tyson for visiting your old Aunt! As you know, we lived away from all family for 16 years--and this was BEFORE the internet and iChat. And now, I REALLY miss Mary and her family not living close--it's hard for those left behind too. Holidays are difficult, but you'll make WONDERFUL friends, who become like family and you'll spend holidays with them, cuz you're their family too. I'm not saying it's not without tears and missing your family, but it can be a very growing experience as you make your own family traditions to enhance those passed down from each of your families. Carpe Diem and embrace your new area and the people!!! Love you all!!! Aunt Peggy
We miss you already. But we know you are going to have a great experience and there are people there waiting for you and all that you can give. But remember that you are never alone. you have each other and the Lord.
Post a Comment