I've learned a valuable lesson since my last post, the words packing and fun should not be in the same sentence! maybe not even the same paragraph! I was going to write a post titled "The Case of the Missing Diaper," but that has been upgraded to the title of "The Last 16 Hours." (12 of which they have been sleeping!)
In the mayhem of packing we have experienced the following a trail of "pebbles" through the living room and a Costco-size bottle of hand soap puddle.
**Sensory Advisory** The rest of this post may contain material that is not a pleasant side of mothering! Proceed at your own caution!
Yesterday evening, I was taking a break watching a movie which was almost over when Micah and Hallie woke up from their nap, so I left it running and continued loungin' on the couch. Hallie came to say hi and I noticed wet pants, I thought hmmm... she must have spilt some water on herself, but thought nothing more. Few minutes later I noticed she smelled poopy, got up to get a diaper and looked down to see a trail of, we'll just call them "pebbles" to keep it g-rated. So I quickly picked them all up as fast as I could I think I only ended up stepping on one- barefooted (the things we go through as moms!) I'm hoping nothing was "tasted" as Micah was surrounded by them! And really I am truly thankful they were pebbles this time and not of a thinner substance!
So another lesson learned, when you pull the little tab off of the diaper strap, just get a new diaper out (0r use tape for that matter!), don't try to be resourceful and stick the diaper on with the broken off tab. (does that make any sense?!? do you know what I'm talking about!?!)
The following isn't quite as traumatic, but still seriously hope the next 16 hours doesn't contain more of the same! This morning as I'm attempting to pack my suitcase I get up to check on Phil and Lil and discover them in the bathroom (oops! left the door open a crack in the packing mayhem) having a grand ol' time in a large puddle of hand soap! Looked like they were having a blast, I really should have snapped a picture but I'm not really sure where the camera is in my house of piles right now! So just imagine these 2 cuties having an absolute blast, rubbing and slapping their hands in it, sitting in it, eating the cap, all while having the biggest smiles!


Hope your last 16 hours was better then mine!

4 comments:
Good Times!
Oh my! Well, I guess they're clean now after the pebble incident!! :)
Little stinkers!!! Must tell you that we had one eat the "pebbles"--makes for really bad breath! YUCK!!!
OH my goodness! What a day. They sure are cute, though. :-) I love reading your little twin incidents like this because it makes me see what I have to look forward to. :-)
Post a Comment