Saturday, December 13, 2008

Different

So after reviewing my recent posts, I realized that I am coming across as being really negative! Which is so not me... I realize that I have really focused on the things that I "don't like" about being here, but after thinking about it, it's not that I "don't like" here... it's just different, and different is not always easy to like. Hope that makes some kind of sense- it made sense in my head (and that's what counts right?!?) Anyway like I said at the end of my last post I think I've got most of the negative differences about here out in the open and I can focus more on the positives. Thank you all so much for the suggestions and positive comments, this is definitely the place to come for a pick me up!

So with that said, I AM excited to be here and I have complete faith that I WILL enjoy our time here, I WILL meet lots of friendly people, and I WILL learn my way around! Now off to take some pics before it gets any darker outside!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Stacey, It was all of my non-LDS neighbors who served me almost daily and I served them almost daily for our 16 years in Ohio and Kentucky. I won their hearts and friendship with my service when they were wondering about what kind of people their new Mormon neighbors were. Bake something yummy for the ward members you want to get to know better and buy something (they may not eat what you bake since they don't know you) and take to your neighbors and wish them Happy Holidays. This should start at least the "hi" dialog whenever you see them and it will grow from there. The babies will do the rest by warming their hearts. Serve them...you learn to love those you serve. It's Christmas, and you're back East so remember that a lot of people aren't Christians so Happy Holidays might work until you know if they celebrate Christmas. You're both positive people..radiate that and when you get down...serve. I love you all.

Jen said...

I love what Peggy said! That's really good advice. I hope you were able to meet some new people this last week!