We made it through Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, and finally Nebraska! We are currently cutting through the corner of Iowa to make our way to my aunts house outside of St. Louis.
We had a great time visiting Tue night with Lis and Bobby and Laurie and meeting Mike. Wednesday we got a late start after having breakfast with Laurie and Pat and lunch with Crandall... our time was way too short there and we didn't get to see all of the people we wanted to, but as it was we didn't get into to cheyenne until 11ish. We were thrilled to visit with aunt Mary and Abby Thursday morning, they drove down from Gillette to see us. After their visit we braved the rest of Wyoming and Nebraska making our way to Lincoln once again arriving around 11ish. The late nights were rough on us all but totally worth it to see everyone we did!
We've seen all kinds of great things along the way mobile homes with 40k pickup trucks outside in Wyoming, empty corn fields in Nebraska you know all kinds of exciting things! On a more serious note we did get to stop at the one and only original cabellas in Nebraska which was fun. Back on a more random note we saw our underwater allie the lochness monster in a pond in Nebraska off hwy 2 and a tree growing out of an old brick silo or well not sure what it was besides random!
The temperature has been pretty comfortable until today... its warm and humid! We are definitely starting to lose it... Aaron was Just jumping up and down on the side of the road whining about driving across the country- wish I had a video because it was ultra entertaining! But since I don't do your best to imagine a grown man throwing a tantrum on the side of the road! To be fair we've all had our moments! But we are thankfully over half way and have only 2 days of driving left. We haven't planned our route past St. Louis, so we'll see where the road takes us! I'll add pictures and some trip lifesavers when we get to a destination early enough to do so, or when we get back...
Bottomline- life is still good, we're all still alive and no one has been left on the side of the road, I'd say things are going pretty well!
Friday, May 29, 2009
Goodbye Nebraska!
Posted by Stacey at 10:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
...and a tree growing out of a...???
I sure wish I could have seen Aaron!!! We made trips from Cleveland and Lexington to Utah...not quite as far as you but we did have 4 kids and did it for 17 years...we flew too, but since you need a car when you arrive, we drove a lot. So sorry I was sick when you were here I REALLY wanted to see you all VERY much. Love you all...Great Aunt Peggy
PS---I hope St. Louis is nicer to you than it was to us...the heat and humidity reminds me of the Amazon we just left in Peru. Our days in St. Louis were TERRIBLE!!!
Im sorry on behalf of Aaron...lol...throwing a fit...what the??? Im glad he has been able to help in spite of the tantrum. Love you all and miss you.
Post a Comment