Amy!! You're the winner of some yummy Amish treats!
If you're anything like me, you have a ton of pictures on your computer...
Well our poor little computer couldn't handle the 1000's of pictures we had on it, so I needed to get them off but wasn't quite sure how to store them. So I thought and thought and thought some more, which took me back to my Rec Therapy days at Tamarack. The school teacher there used this method for storing pictures of the kids. It's simple, but brilliant and cheap...

1st step: Weed through your pictures, deleting any you don't want or need
2nd step: Burn a cd of the photos, sometimes I did 1 month per cd, sometimes more
3rd step: Using your photo program of choice open the cd. I used both Google Picaso (free program... thanks Alisa!) and Adobe Photoshop (not so free, but a great Christmas present... thanks mom!) Photoshop was the best, the thumbnails were smaller and used less paper, Picaso thumbnails were much bigger, needing more paper. Most programs have a choice when printing to print thumbnails or a 'contact sheet.' Select this option and print away!
4th step: Grab a 3 ring binder and some page protectors, slide your contact sheets into the page protectors, along with your cd and you've got a terrific simple, but brilliant storage method for your photos!


5 comments:
Perfect timing for this suggestion! I was seriously just trying to figure out what to do with all our pics on the computer too...slow computer is bugging me. Glad you reminded me what Don and Bev did!! Genious! :)
You ARE a genius!! And I'm glad to see you like Picassa, too! I have Adobe Photoshop...but I've never figured out how to print contact sheets. In fact, I don't know how to do much of anything...just editing of photos for the biz, etc. Oh...I'd love to know more!
I'm way behind on blogging...and It looks like I have a LOT of posts to catch up on!
Thanks Stacey!
fyi, I'll be in Peru the 17th-26th, so, not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but if you could wait to mail it so it won't arrive until after then, that would be great.
That is funny, I started printing out contact sheets of my photos too. Light Impressions' website has great binders and cd holders that are perfect for pictures. It is a very ink and time consuming task!
Love the idea! We have so many pictures on the computer too. That is my kind of scrapbooking! We also have the old fashioned box of pictures in the basement. I'm not a scrapbooker at all, so when my kids get married they get a box full of all of the photos I have of them. Elisabeth scrapbooks and they are now very well taken care of. YEA Lis! Let's hope Jed marries a scrapbooker someday!
Post a Comment