Sunday, September 7, 2008

1950's


My assignment: create invites for ty's grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary celebration

My plan: watch 50's inspired movies
  1. Greece
  2. ???? I have no clue, I'm so mainstream any suggestions?

My ideas:

  1. diner inspired black/white checks
  2. sparkle stars
  3. vinyl records
  4. "vegas"
  5. pic of them from the 50's

The creation method: handmade or digital???

My thoughts: not so into the 50's theme for invites, the ideas are definitely not flowing. I'm drawn to the more "modern" 50's look, but want the 50's theme to be obvious- so some how I plan to pull off a more "modern" obvious 50's look??? we'll see- the possibilities are endless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm I'm a little disappointed... it isn't Greece, it's Grease!

Jen said...

My grandparents just had their 50th anniversary in March. My Aunt blew up some of their old wedding pictures and had them posted around the room. There was a lot of gold stuff too since it's the "Golden Anniversary".