Wednesday, September 24, 2008

You've been good to us...

We're saying goodbye to our $20+ a week habit, last wed I bought the last 2 pack of formula and we're getting ready to move on to good ol' whole milk! We're super excited, well really our wallets are super excited, but d$oes anyone have any advice on how to transition them to milk? I haven't spent a lot of time researching this and I'm a little at a loss as how to do it!?

4 comments:

Jen said...

YEAH!!!!!!! Happy times! I would just give them one bottle of milk and see how they take it. If they don't throw it up then go all the way!! Emma didn't have any problems at all with it. They are both really healthy so I don't think you will have a problem. Good luck!!!!

Ang said...

Some kids take to it immediately. Jack didn't; he didn't like it - we had to trick him into it. For about 2 weeks we gave him bottles with some formula and some milk. We slowly transitioned until it was ALL milk. From there we moved on to giving it to him in a sippy cup. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll love it from the start!

Mandy said...

I've always heard that it's easier on their system if you ease them into it. Like start out giving them only a half or quarter milk and the rest formula, and then slowly start doing more and more milk, over a few weeks. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yay! We're keeping the expensive habit for a while, I'm afraid. Enjoy all the money you will be saving. :-)