Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Serious Emergency

Fresh picked Blackberries!!!

Photo curtesy of Langdon on flikr... http://www.flickr.com/photos/langdonknits/3674428525/
We have another serious emergency in our house, but don't worry... this one doesn't involve anyone being injured or sick. This one is a little more lighthearted, but still very serious.

We are on our last spoonful of homemade jam... Blackberry jam to be exact
In all our moving I didn't realize we were so low... and now they day has come- the last spoonful and no more in the pantry!

Last week I saw a few signs along the road beckoning me... 'U-Pick Blackberries' and 'Pick your own blackberries.' And I've even been frantically searching the sides of the roads for a lonely thriving blackberry bush. I know with the rain we've had around here they have got to oh so good!

I'm still scheming on how I can manage to get me some of those yummies, sadly a broken leg and a broken car (my car in the shop this week for a few more repairs before our warranty expires) aren't helping in my jam emergency.

Then there comes the problem of actually making the jam. With 1 child who's got a bum leg and 1 child who desperately wants his life back to normal... not lookin' so hot at this point is it? See what I mean about this jam emergency!?


Despite all the drama, and with the odds stacked against me, know this...


I will find a way to make it happen!

0 comments: