Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Update: Hallie's leg

Not really any news to report for update... due to not having a referral from our insurance (still learning this whole tricare process!) we didn't get into the doctor yesterday. Well actually Hallie and I made it there, but after a long drive and wait, we weren't seen by the doctor. I told them we would take the risk on insurance not covering the visit if she needed to be seen that day. So the nurse came a took a look at her splint and said it looked ok. The doctor looked at the x-ray from last week and said she should be fine to come back later this week. So we are scheduled to head back Friday am (with our referral!) and will see what they have to say.

As for her... she's still in pain, at this point I'm finding lots of random things to do to keep her entertained... a change in scenery works wonderfully. She's not sleeping very well at night, but then again, she's not expending very much energy during the day. She still tells Micah what to do and he still listens. ??? I'm waiting to see if he'll figure out that she can't get him! He is being ultra cute and giving her hugs and kisses on a regular basis, he's such a sweetie! And please... keep the ideas coming... I'm loving them... you guys are all so creative!

1 comments:

Alisa said...

Oh, poor poor Hallie!! Can she really tell Micah what to do? Are they talking that much? I'm glad she is taking everything so well...I can't see Maiya being old enough to handle that, yet.

Make some jam!! Of course, you might have to wait a few weeks to go pick...but you WILL!! I am SERIOUSLY missing some fresh produce right now. Oh, lucky you to be close to the opportunities for fresh fruit!