Thursday, January 1, 2009

6 long years...



It's our anniversary today! 6 years ago we we're married and 12 years ago we started dating! So to celebrate, we'll get real crazy, you know... watch some football, I'll blog some, maybe take a trip on the metro to costco for lunch, then head out to buy a NEW popcorn popper, AND maybe even go out on a little dinner date (with our kids in tow- no babysitters yet!) It should be a fun day! This weekend we'll try to head out into the "country" or over to Chesapeake Bay, pretty much where ever the wind takes us- with only one stipulation- OUT OF THE CITY!!!!

How long have you been married? 6 years (totally kidding about the 6 long years- its been a fun and exciting 6 years!)

How long did you date? 6 years to the day :)

How old is he? 30

Who eats more? Him by A LOT! He usually bats cleanup on my food. He's learned, however to ask first... when he was younger and unwise he used to snatch things off my plate without asking, and because I always save the "best bite" for last he would take the "best bite." After many chewing outs he thankfully learned his lesson :)

Who said, “I love you,” first? I think he did? It was too long ago to remember!

Who is taller? Him thankfully, I searched long and hard to find someone taller then me and at 6'5" I did just that!

Who sings better? He does by far although he says I can sing well, but please... I've heard my own voice before!

Who is smarter? I think we make a good team in the smarts department, where he lacks, I excel, where I lack, he excels.

Who’s temper is worse? His by far! I'm way more calm then he is!

Who does the laundry? Unfortunately, I do... although I rarely fold or put away clothes so when I do he usually helps fold- especially since he is home more now.

Who does the dishes? We both do.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I used to until Micah and Hallie were born, then I got booted to the left side cause it was closer to them.

Who pays the bills? He makes the cash, I pay the bills.

Who mows the lawn? We both do. Funny story this summer (when he was home) we would fight over who got to mow it cause we would use it as a workout- Tyson runs while mowing (I know, real safe huh!?!) and yeah, I don't need to run with it to get a workout!

Who cooks dinner? Unfortunately for our taste buds I usually do. I've said it before and I'll say it again- he cooks WAY better then I do. Back in his rebel days he worked with a chef and learned lots of great tricks... he creates meals that melt in your mouth. I follow a recipe, cross my fingers and hope it turns out!

Who drives when you are together? Right now, TYSON!!!!! He is the only one authorized to drive the rental and why put miles on our own vehicle when we can ride in style (and comfort) in our rental! Usually if we're going anywhere far away, I try to con him into driving so I can do something crafty while we drive... of course that doesn't really happen that often anymore :(

Who is more stubborn? We both can be pretty dang stubborn. But I'm usually stubborn only when I'm right :)

Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? I am usually, he does, but... the whole temper thing gets in his way sometimes- it usually takes him a little while :)

Whose parents do you see the most? Right now? neither! Before probably equal, I saw my family more with just me, but together we saw them all about the same.

Who has more friends? Probably me... I keep in touch with friends more then him, but he seems to pick up right where things left off with all of his friends.

Who has more siblings? Him by a lot!

Who wears the pants in the family? He wears the pants, but I'm the mind behind the pants :)
Bottom line... We make a great team!
We have had a wonderful 6 years and we are looking forward to so many more! Have a great New Years day!
Visit a look into the past for some more of our wonderful "young" pictures!

5 comments:

Lisa Christine said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary guys!

Kristen said...

Boy am I slacking on cards lately. I cant believe I didnt get your card out before this BIG day, I am so sorry. Happy Anniversary you guys! I cant believe six years is here, you just got married, and just had the twins. Whats up with this? Time passes us by so fast. I miss you guys so much. Enjoy your day together and know how much we love you. Kiss the kids.

Alisa said...

Congrats! I think you guys make a great couple! Good luck getting out of the city this weekend, and escaping to do something fun. We went on a b-day date (withOUT the kids...practically a first) yesterday, and it turned out that the movie theater we were going to was closed without warning). So, we went shopping at Walmart, instead. Hope you find something cooler than us :-)

Peggy said...

So glad you found each other; you do make a great team!