Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's a New Year!

After much deliberation I have finally found a focus for 2009. My head has been swarming with ideas for the last couple weeks and in an attempt to conform, but not too closely :) I didn't feel a rush to pick a focus right at the New Year. I loved the ideas of simply, slow down, health, eating right, etc. But none of those things stuck, they all seemed too specific for me this year... in other words, they are ALL things I need to work on! So in sticking with Ali Edward's idea of picking one word for the year... I picked the word...


{Order}
Order: or⋅der [awr-der]
1. an authoritative direction or instruction; command; mandate.
2. a command
3. the disposition of things following one after another, as in space or time; succession or sequence: The names were listed in alphabetical order.
4. a condition in which each thing is properly disposed with reference to other things and to its purpose; methodical or harmonious arrangement: You must try to give order to your life.
5. proper, satisfactory, or working condition.
6. state or condition generally

7. a direction or commission to make, provide, or furnish something: The salesclerk will take your order.
8. to regulate, conduct, or manage: to order one's life for greater leisure.

This word has so many meanings, many of which fit closely with my hopes for the year 2009

1. A house of order... as I worked on last year, I continue to rid our home of unneeded items (this move has been a great push in that direction!) I am developing a system of order for myself and the kids, i.e. load dishwasher at night, empty in morning, put things away before moving on to something else, etc.
2. Crafting... I need major help in this one! ONE project at a time, FINISH it before moving on to another, keep craft closet in order, you get the idea!
3. Health and Fitness... bringing order into my eating and scheduling a regular time to workout- or at least stretch this pesky hamstring til I can workout!
4. Putting my life in order... prioritize, prioritize, prioritize!
5. Orders... sharing and selling my creations! I've put a face lift on my crafting blog, I've been sewing away, and the ideas are flowing... so look for the debut of some of the goods coming sometime next week! (now I should get off the computer and start working on them!)

There are so many other ways the word Order applies, but these will be my main focus. I am looking forward to the success of achieving Order in my life and the peace it will bring!


Here's to a happy and successful 09!!

1 comments:

Summer Freeman said...

You're incredible!!