Why do I have so many pictures of them sleeping!? Probably cause it was the only real downtime we had the entire trip!


Taking 2 toddlers on vacation and a road trip across the country is exhausting... go go go all day long! If my children learned anything on this trip- it was how to fall asleep anywhere! Since our return home (I'm sure much to Aaron's dismay!) Hallie now falls asleep in the car without a pre-nap screamfest... it's a miraculous thing, but also tricky since I have to watch her to make sure she doesn't fall asleep in the car so she'll nap at home. What did we do the rest of the time? On the plane we bought 3 seats so we could have a row to ourselves... it worked wonderfully. Armed with our bags of tricks... lots of small toys, books, snacks, and dvd player Micah and Hallie did remarkably well. I wasn't sure how they would handle being confined on a plane for a total of 8+ hours, but they did great... Micah even slept through our near death experience on the plane! (Ok... maybe near death is a little exaggeration, but we all thought we were going down for a minute!) Really the only time either of them cried was when one of us would take the other to the bathroom. I'm not going to say it was easy by any means, it was a lot of work, but we were rewarded by several very nice comments from people which is always great to receive!
And in the car, well we did whatever we could to make it there...
Like eat apples in really weird patterns,











0 comments:
Post a Comment