Way back in March (see I told you I'm still way behind!) we made the 2 hour drive up to Gettysburg, PA. It was a humbling experience and despite having two 1 1/2 year olds in the backseat during the auto tour we learned a tremendous amount about the war, the people, and the battle. Highly recommend buying (or borrowing ours!) the more expensive auto tour cd set- I think it cost $24. It was entertaining, engaging, and educational. Sounds like I was getting paid to say that... unfortunately I'm not, but seriously there are lots of different choices for tours of the battlefield, bus, bike, private guide, or the personal auto tour. $$ and comfort wise, go with the auto tour!
Later on in the week we rented the movie Gettysburg and I sat with my little map and guide from our tour and referenced it throughout the entire movie. This really helped to bring history to life for me. We returned to Gettysburg when Kendra was here, which was a little tougher on Micah and Hallie, they weren't digging the car as much that day. But we again saw and learned even more about the battle.
Gettysburg is a definite must-do on my list for the DC area... worth every screaming minute :) Here our the pics from our first trip...
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Gettysburg
Posted by Stacey at 8:43 AM
Labels: adventures, DC, family journal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



More beautiful surroundings...



Robert E Lee's Monument


My poor mud covered shoe :(




1 comments:
Love the pictures! I've always wanted to go and visit Gettysburg. We are seriously going to have to suck it up and come visit you guys!
Post a Comment