Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More exploring at Calvert Cliffs

After finishing all of our chores Saturday evening... this whole unpacking thing is really getting in the way! We ventured down to the tip of the peninsula we live on and found a great little state park. The pics are in reverse order, but we'll roll with it...

We played in the coolest playground I've been to in a long time, this park seriously took some creativity to build.

This is the only pic of me from the evening, the crazy humidity does stuff to my hair I never thought possible!
After mocking me for thinking it was such a cool playground, he did admit that this part was pretty cool!

See what I mean?!
Such a big boy, climbed up by himself and loving every minute of it... all he's missing in this pic is a chick for that arm :)
We attempted the 1.8 mile hike to the beach, but we forgot the backpack carriers and well with 2 easily distracted toddlers and 2 parents who didn't enjoy being smacked in the face repeatedly, we only made it just past the 1/2 mile mark.
Why walk around the roots in the ground?! It's so much more fun to climb up them right?
Smack!
There was a pond at the beginning of the trail where we spent a good 30 minutes, full of fish, frogs, and turtles!
One of the tiny frogsMicah ran back and forth on the boardwalk, stopping to check out the water periodically

Hallie found the dirt and had dinner and dessert for that matter...


5 comments:

Jen said...

LOL. I love the pictures and the commentary. I miss you guys!

Meagan said...

Aww!! Such great pics! Love em all, but my favs were Micah on the truck and the last one of them running on the boardwalk...looks like a great time... :)

Peggy said...

Love the park...but the pictures of you all more!

Kim said...

I love the picture of Hallie in the dirt! Great park!

Alisa said...

What a cool park!! And I have never seen a frog that small! I used to catch tadpoles when I was small...but I never thought about how small they would have been when they started hopping!!

Oh no...a hike without backpacks? You're much braver than I would have been!!