
My clumsiness struck in full force yesterday morning! I was carrying Hallie into her room because she was smacking Micah and my foot caught on the 'shredded' bottom of my sweatpants, we both fell to the floor smacking our heads directly on our bookshelf. It happened so fast I unfortunately had no time to even think about breaking our fall. We fell hard and I knew it was bad the instant I heard the thud. We both ended up with lacerations on our foreheads, and as you can probably guess, there usually isn't a shortage of blood in head injuries!
I cleaned us up the best that I could, called Tyson (I was fine until I had to tell some what happened- then the tears came full force!), and we jumped in the car to the ER. She thankfully was fine after the initial shock and pain, as long as I left her injury alone.
We arrived a few minutes later at the ER with my shirt spotted with blood, blood running down my forehead from the rain, and Hallie with bandaids and blood in her hair, and sweet Micah following closely behind... I'm sure we were quite the sight! I didn't think I would need any medical attention, but the nurse said otherwise, they checked me in and were able to treat my injury with glue.
Hallie, unfortunately, received the brunt of the fall since she was in front. She ended up needing 4 stitches. They treated my injury first while Tyson hung out in the other room with Micah and Hallie. I had to wait 15 minutes before I could get up from being treated and in the meantime, the Doctor attempted to begin work on Hallie... with Micah in the room. That didn't last long and they quickly 'discharged' me so I could take care of Micah. Tyson had the unpleasant job of helping to hold Hallie down so they could clean her wound and stitch her up. She screamed DA DA DA pretty much the entire time but as soon as the nurse gave her a Popsicle, she was as good as new :) Not an experience that either Tyson or I (and I'm sure Hallie) want to go through again anytime soon or ever for that matter!
Both of us are fine minus a little headache. Hallie periodically points at my bandage and then points to her bandage, but other then that she's a champ. Tyson enjoys laughing at me with my bandage on my head, but hey I'd probably laugh at him too so we're all good!

7 comments:
I've done something like that before... only I was the only one injured. I'm glad you guys are okay.
Ouch!
i'm glad you can all have a good laugh about it :)
Oh no!! I'm glad you are both okay and I hope you start feeling better soon. So cute that Micah wanted to pray before you left for the ER too. I swear, kids are way more in tune than we often give them credit for.
That's quite the "we don't want to repeat that again" type of story... thanks for sharing the details. Glad to see a picture of you and that you're smiling and doing well.Loveya.
Oh, so sad! I remember needing to be strapped down for a stitches situation when I was younger...
I had a lot of those ;-)
Let's hope my good luck keeps holding out with these kids!
Heal fast!
oh my goodness! matching injuries!? Ouch!
How sad! I always feel so bad when my kids get hurt. The good news is you look cute with your matching bandages. :-)
Post a Comment