Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Maryland State Fair

Was seriously (no joke) the same size as the Benton-Franklin County Fair back in WA, but we got tickets for free so I guess it was worth the hour drive :) We did have a great time, Micah and Hallie loved the tractors, animals (except for the pigs... see picture below of Hallie trying to hide from them) AND we tried deep fried oreos for the first time. I didn't even know they existed until our drive up there when Tyson mentioned them. My life is now complete... but really, how did I not know about this great All-American delicacy??? I thankfully had some tact and stopped at the oreos, but the list went on... twinkies, snickers, peanut butter and jelly!? yikes!















3 comments:

Meagan said...

Totally reminds me of going to the fair in Spokane with the kids from The Rack! Good times!! Can't believe how big Hallie and Micah are getting...and cute, as usual, too! :)

Jen said...

Fried snickers are my favorite. Reeses are good too. Jacob and I had a deep fry party one time. Maybe when you get back we will do it again.

Alisa said...

Wow, the closeup of Hallie looks SOOO much like Maiya! At first I thought it WAS Maiya!

Oh, and there's a cafe in Skagway that sells the fried oreos, but I've never had the guts to try them!