When I first knew we were having twins, I dreamed of how they would get along and how neat it would be for them to have a built in best friend. I was also realistic and thought about how they would hate each other at many points like most siblings do. I have to say it's nothing like I imagined it either way. I find such great joy when they get along and play together and one of my biggest headaches is when Hallie they pick on each other. I imagine all parents probably have these same feelings.
So with that said, we still have our struggles, believe me I still pry Hallie and her mouth off of Micah on average once a day and break up countless fights over toys. But lately there have been more and more of the 'good moments' where I hear laughter from the other room or hear one of them say 'hugs' and peak around the corner to find one of them hugging the other. They ask for each other on a more regular basis and cry when the other one is upset (unless they were the culprit).
Bottom line... it's fun (most days), I'm glad I have twins (most days), I can't wait to see what the next stage brings!
Monday, October 26, 2009
They really do like each other
Posted by Stacey at 5:41 AM
Labels: family journal, hallie, micah, twins
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
They are so sweet(most days)!
ha ha ... yeah like when she tried to bite the sticker off his face last night!
Adorable! Yes, isn't it the COOLEST things when your kids LOVE each other, and then one of the most frustrating things when they make each other upset!!
oh my cute. Can't wait. My girls already fight!!!!
Post a Comment